Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Random Thoughts While I Wait on the Grass to Dry...

Outside My Window … some overgrown nandinas are waving in the crazy wind we've been having for several days now. And the rainshower we got this morning that foiled my idiotic attempt to put the smack-down on the lawn filled up my empty birdbath in about five minutes. Waiting on my birdie buddies to come and entertain me...

***

I am thinking … about a website I looked at earlier today, Aish.com . Kinda interesting. It's a Jewish website. They had a funny "Yiddish-Yinglish" dictionary and even a dating advice page, not to mention educational info and virtual tours of the Western Wall and tunnels.

***

I am thankful for … naptime; a 3 year old who is *almost* potty trained; Pilates; fresh fruit; summertime berries; my children; Pookie, in all his quirky goodness; cold Pinot Grigio; my garden; lovely sunsets from my backporch during the summertime, when there's a nice breeze and a good deal of humidity in the air...

***

From the kitchen … I have fresh mangoes that I can't wait to dive into; have to use the ground meat in the fridge today or it will be too late to use it; been craving homemade bread to go with the strawberry preserves I made, all of which make me miss my grandmother and wish I'd been born in 1905...

***

I am wearing … Texas A&M basketball grey t-shirt, maroon workout shorts; running shoes; obnoxiously large blue topaz ring that R. gave me for our first anniversary :)

***

I am creating … nothing at the moment, which isn't good. I've got too much to be doing to not be doing anything!

***

I am going … to try and relish my kids and the ages that they are and live in the moment with them this summer; to give God more of my worries and quit hanging onto them like dirty little scraps from an old security blanket; to get caught up on unfinished sewing projects this summer; to read more books and watch less TV (which I don't get to do much of now that Noggin is 24/7...)

***

I am reading . . . too many things at once! Look at my Shelfari over there... I don't think, "Wide Open Spaces," by D. Palmer made it onto that list, but it's along the lines of a Don Miller kind of book... I guess I'm a real non-fiction kinda girl. I want to get into fiction more often; it might contribute to a lighter mood, i.e. "relaxed and groovy..."


***

I am hoping … that my children will forgive me for all my shortcomings and remember their childhood with smiles rather than tears...

***

I am hearing … the quiet, subliminal white noise of the air conditioner pushing chilly air through the vent in my office


Around the house... looks like a bunch of busy people live here; need to tackle that and re-organize some stuff...

***

One of my favorite things … isn't things -- it is people, music, nature, geography, foods, love...

***

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week … nada; taking kids to the pool tomorrow with my brother and his girlfriend; church as per usual on Sunday...

***

Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .

This was taken as R. and I were walking into St. Peter's Square in the Vatican last November. This is peeking through the columns at the huge basilica... Ciao, bellas!

2 comments:

His Girl said...

I love this peek into your little rntm life... so pleasant. Can't wait to spend some real quality time with you soon!!! miss you sistah!

JO said...

Let me know when you need some relaxed and groovy fiction. I can put you on to some. :)