Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

"A Living Prayer"

This is a song by one of my favorites, Allison Krauss and New Union Station. I would give major organs to get to meet her and just listen in on her and the band in a jam session sometime. Anyhow, the first time I heard this song, I felt like she had torn the words right out of my heart and my prayers -- between her and Chris Rice, those two really know what's on my mind. S4J, this is one of the songs you are charged with making sure is played at my funeral. JO, this is the song I want to do as a duet with you at church, if we can talk the Chokemaster into picking it for us!

10 comments:

AKQ said...

This is one of my all time favorites. I have the sheet music and accompaniment. If you're nice I'll share!;)

Gretchen said...

Beautiful. I hadn't heard that one before. Just beautiful, GGG.

xxxooogretchen

Suzanne said...

I agree with you. Allison Krauss has an incredible voice. If you get the chance to go hang out and listen to her, let me know so I can go too!!! lol

I hadn't heard that before either. "take my life and let me be, a living prayer, my God to thee"...wow...

JO said...

Oh, yeah, that'll do just fine. :)

Do you want to do melody or harmony? And I'm quite sure I can talk the chokemaster into it. No problem there. :)

His Girl said...

I would give major organs to get to meet her and just listen in on her and the band in a jam session sometime. haha.

and, btw, this is beautiful.

chicas?

Sing4joy said...

How come I'm in charge of making sure it's at your funeral - but not invited to sing it with you?? Hmph. I wasn't trying to learn it ANYway.

Anonymous said...

i've already got the alto and tenor parts picked out.....pick me, pick me....


north georgia mountains....among my most favorite places on God's earth....check out the intro picture to my blog...taken when Andy, his dad, and our oldest two sons hiked on The Trail back in '06. almost heaven....

beautiful song.

Jenster said...

That's a beautiful song. And the video has made me very homesick for the rolling hills of Arkansas.

Chris said...

I'm looking for sheet music to this with parts. It sounds like you did the song in 3 or 4 part harmony--did you arrange that yourselves or find it somewhere? Can you point me in the right direction?
(I'd appreciate an email if you can)
Thanks!

Paul said...

Agree. This touches the heart. Would like to find the sheet music, if available.