Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Today's Verse: Psalm 100

I just woke up this morning feeling so refreshed and well -- I had a song in my heart! And this was it (coming from v. 4):

"1Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth. 2Worship the LORD with gladness; come into his presence with singing. 3Know that the LORD is God. It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name. 5For the LORD is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations." (NRSV)

Maybe your joyful noise is musical -- singing, playing an instrument, etc. Maybe it's the sound of the washing machine as you conquer a week's worth of piled up laundry. Or perhaps it's the sound of the lawnmower as you maintain your yard. Today we are given love anew, grace anew, chances anew. The day is fresh, and the Shepherd has blessed us all with life for another day. Now get out there and enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Becky said...

I'm gettin' out there, lol.

Love that we have a new day, a fresh start. His Mercies truly are new every morning.

His Girl said...

yahooo! yes ma'am!

Jenster said...

Lovely!!

I love to sing. LOVE IT! I sing all the time. In the shower, in the car, while I'm doing chores, etc. Sadly, my singing is not fit for anyone's ears. Thankfully, God just wants it to be a "joyful" noise. And that's what it is!

JO said...

My very favorite Psalm. :)

Gretchen said...

Thanks, Coach! ;)

You know...after the sadness which has been part of our church family of late, I got up this a.m., realized that His mercies are new each day, and that I have so much for which to be thankful.

He is the Lord, and there is no other. SDG!

P.S. I'll be singing today--either on key or in the key of me.
xxxooogretchen

lrh said...

Beautiful verse. Hope your weekend was full of "joyful noise"