Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Daybook Entry

I am wearing a black t-shirt with "OIF OEF WOLFHOUNDS" on it from the reunion and a pair of Adidas capris with some Reef flip-flops, a.k.a. heaven for your feet. Oh yeah, and yesterday's make-up. Ick.

I am reading "The Mermaid Chair," by Sue Monk Kidd. So far it's been pretty interesting, but I'm only about ten chapters in. You can already tell what's going to happen, but I'm wondering where she's going to go with it. I've also been listening to "Engulfed In Flames," by David Sedaris and creating a scene by laughing and guffawing in the airports. He's hysterical!

I am hearing the sound of peace and quiet in my house, a true rarity.

Learning all the time that, no matter how hard I try, I cannot be perfect. I may strive so much to show love and concern for people, but it is rarely taken as it is meant. That is hugely frustrating to me.

I am thankful that I did not have to go to work at a job outside the home today. I always need at least one day after travelling to reset and get back on track. I'm also thankful I didn't oversleep today!

I am hoping for God to continue revealing bits and pieces of his plan for my life; for God to continue answering prayers; and, for increased patience while waiting for those answers.

From the kitchen comes the knowledge I've got a boat-load of mail and stuff to get caught up on.

I am creating time to do that catching up and not stressing about the miles on the bike I'm not riding today, or the workout I've neglected for a while. I've got to set the right priorities and set myself up to have more time for those things later on. Huge challenge for me!

Bringing beauty to my home Needing to work on this one. I think very "in the box" in this category, and ever since I decided to boycott summer and declare the onset of fall when school started almost a month ago, I have mentally checked this off my list. I'm so inspired by all of you who regularly incorporate little lovelies into your homes.

Around the house is somewhere I'm trying to make a point to be more often these days. I've often been dubbed, "The Stay At Home Mom Who Is Never At Home." As funny as that may sound initially, I cringe at the thought that this is how my children will reflect on their younger years, and I truly don't want them to remember a mother who was too busy pursuing selfish interests to be there for them or to make moments special and memorable.

Outside my window summer is trying to make a come-back, like an ex-girlfriend who won't go away and keeps trying to crash your dates. Shoo! Shoo!! We don't want you around anymore! We're trying to move on here -- get lost!

I am thinking about how, in a mere 17 days, I will get to be reunited with my dear, beloved CHICAS OF FAITH!!! HOOTY HOO!!! (Oh crap, that means I've got a lot to get done between now and then...)

One of my favorite things fall. The colors, the flavors, the CLOTHES (oh yeah, HisGirl!), the promise of family gathering and the ensuing madness of the holidays. And my 32nd birthday, which I'm looking forward to more than any other birthday I can ever remember.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I, too, will make my yearly pilgrimage to ye olde torture devices stirrups for my annual Poke-N-Prod well woman exam. I do, however, want to address the situation with the chronic migraines, and it seems that I am developing icky medical conditions usually reserved for people much older than me. That's right, folks, I think I've developed a bunion. And ohhh, it can be painful. I'm just wondering what that's going to entail...

No comments: