Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

What's In A Meme?

I know I have not been consistently regular blogger (I wonder if they make an on-line laxative for that??? hmm... Oh, sorry, haha...), so I'm using this as my writing prompt for the day.

Here are the rules:

(1) Link to the person that tagged you. (OK, His Girl)

(2) Post the rules on your blog. (Done.)

(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (Only six?!? Crikey!!)

(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (I don't know that many, but I will link to a couple and also leave it open for anyone who happens by my site!)

(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. (Can it be a snarky comment, or do I have to behave?? Hmph...)

Now for six random quirks....

#1: I love even numbers. I didn't realize I was doing this until a few months ago. I noticed that, while driving in the car, I would adjust the temperature in the car and only stop on even numbers. It really irritated me to stop on an odd number. I'm the same way in the house with the thermostat. I prefer even numbers of items. I can't explain it, but there it is.

#2: I have a very short attention span. This can feel like a real handicap. I love to have these long-winded explanations of things and expect everyone within earshot to be hanging on my every word for as long as my wisdom is pouring forth; however, I am almost physically unable to give such attention to others. Reading long blogs or emails just doesn't happen. I either delete it or come back to it later. It is probably this quality of me that keeps me from taking projects to completion.

#3: I obsess about planning. I operate off of two calendars in my home and also use my palm pilot and iPhone calendar. Not only that, the calendars in my home are color coded. And I'm absolutely, always thinking at least 1-3 months in advance. Yes, that makes the present stressful. This is a quirk about myself that I really don't like, too, and it's one that I think I subconsciously developed as a survival tool after Tom died. I've alwas been a planner, but not to this psychotic level.

#4: I sleep with my bedroom door closed and locked. I startle very easily at night, and my kids and cats have freaked me out in the middle of a deep sleep. At least this way I know I won't wake up as I'm being assailed!

#5: I, too, obsess about checking email. So irritating. I check it almost every time I walk past the office. Not that I am expecting anything in particular. I check it "just in case." Actually, I do the same thing with my front porch. I check it every time I drive up to my house just in case I have a package sitting on the doorstep. Not that I'm expecting anything most days. It's just that I never enter or exit through that door, and if something were left there, I'd never see it unless I check on my way up the driveway. Silly, yes. :)

#6: I haven't done this in a looooong time, but back in my heyday, I could diagram the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States of America. Yes, it's actually one sentence, just chock full of infinitive phrases.

Geez, out of that entire list, the only one that isn't completely embarassing and negative is #6! What does that tell ya?

OK, as for tags, I'll tag Sing4Joy and Red Lipstick Diaries. YOU'RE IT!

It's also open to anyone else! (Admittedly, I don't know a lot of people on here, so please let me know if you do this thingie and I'll link up w/ you!)

I'd like to blog next about a passage from Ephesians that I'm reading for a class. Or maybe my friends who recently lost their baby. Or maybe my sweet, yet insane children. Life certainly offers more than enough to kvetch about or discuss -- oy!

3 comments:

Sing4joy said...

Okay = I had to read this in 2 sections because I fell out laughing so hard over whether or not there is an online laxative for blogging constipation! Oh my word! My sides hurt! As for you quirks - love 'em. every last one. Be you always.

His Girl said...

your quirks are my joy. thanks for sharing, ya kook!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Georgia! I stumbled across your blog via Judi's, and it's great to see you in the blogging world. Check out my little corner of the world. As a matter of fact, there may even be a pic of you from one of my Oct '06 entries from Virginia Beach. Let me go check....I hope you enjoy this (YES!) therapeutic venue for all your thoughts.