Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday Thriller


Sometimes I need a little brain candy, if you will, and this seemed like an interesting tidbit. While silly at first glance, I think it's actually quite interesting to see what other people are reading, and this game is almost like reading an excerpt from the book once it's really gotten into its purpose or plot... So, enjoy! (And if you decide to do this on your blog, leave me a comment so I can read it; if you don't blog, you can leave yours in my comments for the rest of us to read!!)

"Quick, Grab A Book!"

So the rules of the game are this:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Beginning with that sentence, post the next three sentences.
5. Tag someone to continue the game -- I tag YOU, Christine!

On with the game...

The book at the top of my stack is a book entitled, "Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home," by Richard J. Foster. It's a book that I have, neglectfully, only read the introduction of but think will be a great book. Each chapter seems to be stand-alone, and it was assigned reading for a course I took that I just never got around to reading and was never tested over. I know that's terrible!!! But maybe this will spur me on to reading it. Here's my excerpt:

"'Reveal my sin, O Holy Spirit'; 'Lord Jesus, let me feel loved.' Notice the brevity of each of the prayers -- seldom more than seven or eight syllables."

This passage is discussing the topic of breath prayer, BTW.

4 comments:

Andrea Frazer said...

I don't read books at all anymore. I'm a blog junkie for work and pleasure. And that's just sad.

I am committed to start reading tonight. You hear me! Even if it's just "The man with the yellow hat said to George..."

Sing4joy said...

HA! Perfect timing! I just bought 2 new books today and you are going to be JEALOUS when you hear the topic.....
Amish romance! MMhm. Maybe I'll share them when I am done.
My book: When The Heart Cries a novel by Cindy Woodsmall
But since Gram had put her foot down on passing letters to him, there was no way he was going to hear from Hannah anytime soon. With that possibility gone, he felt no reason to check except to occasionally keep up with bills. Since he'd always intercepted the mail, his roommates never went to the mailbox.

Sing4joy said...

Is it October yet??

Marsha said...

I saw this over at Sing4Joy. I plan on doing this one on Saturday. I'll come back over and let you know when I get it up. I also might try the music suffle thingie then, too. That looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks for swinging into my bloggy world the other day. Don't you just love the song River God?

Have a blessed weekend.