Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get Out There And...



Doesn't matter how you vote -- just get out there and DO IT! As the saying goes, if you don't participate, you lose the right to bloviate. Translated: if you don't vote, you lose the right to complain!

All kidding aside, I think, despite what some Lib friends of mine say, that this race will be the closest one yet. I think I have a good idea of who will win, and it honestly makes me highly concerned for the future of our soldiers and our economy. I don't trust this individual or the running mate chosen, and I can only imagine what our country will look like a year from now if this person wins. On the other hand, I'm not particularly convinced that the team running on the other side of the ticket are the individuals for the job either. Until we, the Voters, take back our country and demand real leadership, as I've said time and again, we get the candidates we deserve. I just pray that God will have a hand in all this today and in the outcome of our democratic exercise. We shall see...

"May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth." --Psalm 67:4
Even so, LORD, guide our nation.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

Agree 100%. Pretty odd for being a lib friend. :) Of course only my righties call me that.

xxxooo

His Girl said...

leaving rntm to go vote! whoop! Gotta do my part to wash the blue out of my state ;)

Jenster said...

I'm done. Because Pennsylvania is THE swing state I felt almost anxious until I got the job done.

I think I must agree with you completely. My biggest fear is having a Super Democrat Government - it's just too much power for my tastes.

JO said...

You know how I feel. I'm glued to the TV and expect it will be a late night for me... :)

Sing4joy said...

I voted! And I'll do it again! I also agree 100% - you don't vote, you don't complain. The question should then become - what do you do when you vote and you don't like the results? Answer: participate in healthy ways to make healthy change. OR - be quiet.