Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Heroes

"Blessed by the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle -- my lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge..." -- Psalm 144:1-2a

This is by no means a complete grouping of the men and women serving our country who have touched my life. Two in particular I can think of but couldn't find pictures of are CPT Julie and CPT M. Stubenhofer. CPT Julie is a sweet friend of mine who is a nurse in the Army, and CPT Stubenhofer was the first person I knew personally who died in action. His wife is an amazing woman that I am proud to call my friend. One more is my father-in-law, R.T., who served twice during Vietnam.

To all of you serving now or who have served in the past, you will never know just how much what you're doing means to not just your own country, but to the rest of the world. Your selfless service and sacrifices are truly humbling. To your families, we stand with you, the ones who serve on the homefront.

My Heroes


Thank you all for being my heroes. Happy Veteran's Day.

3 comments:

Jenster said...

I have several heroe's, too, from WWII to the present. I pray heaps of blessings upon all their heads - not just my heroes, but all of them!

Gretchen said...

Beautifully done, GGG. God bless them all.

Anonymous said...

Hey, great questions about PWOC and all the experiences we face in the different kinds of chapels!

Actually, I'm getting ready to write a post about military chapels. Check back in a little while....I'll try to address your question as I write.

{{hugs}}