Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where Do I Even Start?!?

Jenster. S4J. HisGirl. The Liberty Bell. Independence Hall. Cheesecake Factory! Amish buggies. The aroma of horses, "etc." Homemade rootbeer. Adorable Amish children with no shoes. Scary, waxy animatronic people in a one-room schoolhouse. Delicious homemade shoo-fly pie. Praise and worship. Devotions. Laughing so hard you hope you don't pee your pants. Bags so big under your eyes from lack of sleep that you're certain you'll be charged at the airport for carrying extra luggage. Special treats planned by precious friends. Did I mention scary, waxy animatronic people?!?

I would love to give you the play-by-play for each day of the trip, but that would take more time and attention than my kids are allowing me to give my computer today, and rightly so. As usual, this Chicas of Faith trip was a blast, and it was such an unexpected adventure. The theme this year was, "Simply Following Him," and we had a very free-flowing approach to how this trip would play out. We welcomed another couple of Chicas to the fold, and dearly missed those who were unable to be there in body but were absolutely there in spirit. And even in the midst of the churning turmoil that I was going through personally, I was able to walk away with a new understanding of people and situations, along with this gem that the Lord gave me today:


"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you." -- II Peter 3:9 (NIV)


OK, God -- lesson learned.


P.S. -- IS IT 2009 YET?!?




8 comments:

Jenster said...

HEY!! I know those Chicas!!!!

Fun, fun, fun!! My life has been forever changed -- and that's a GREAT thing!

I <3 U!!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Glad you had such a great time! God uses times like that to speak to me too. The laughter, food, and fun times are an added bonus!

Sing4joy said...

So....you get to go on vacation with friends who love you? I wish I could do THAT! It sounds so wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God for friends and really fun times!!

His Girl said...

oh, my vanity! this fun post, all the great memories, and i can't get over the size of my caboose.

too much shoo fly pie if you ask me.

beyond fun, chica. love you!!!

MyShilohRanch said...

THANK you for my FIRST glimpse of the Chicas 2008 trip!
What a cool experience, even the creepy animatrons! Hee hee...

Becky said...

Looks like y'all had a BLAST. What a lot of adventures you had!

Gretchen said...

Sooo fun. Looks like you had brilliant weather, too. Crispy, sunny fall days.