Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poems, Prayers, And Promises

There are so many thoughts floating around in my head today. I have been showered with love and blessings from my children, R., friends old and new, and family alike. My heart overflows with gratitude to my gracious heavenly Father and to all of you who have wished me well. You are all the example of grace to me -- a gift that I cannot deserve.

I've had a good time flashing back today. Between the silly photographs, the New Kids On The Block CD that my friend, "Marily Considine-McIntyre", gave me, and the wishes from people I haven't talked to in a good twenty years, I cannot help but thank God that he allowed me the chance to be here, in his kingdom on earth. The journey has been beautiful, excruciating, confusing, exhilarating. I think year 32 will be the best one yet.

If I died tomorrow and you all wondered what I would have to say reflecting back on my life, I can think of no better way than to sum it than John Denver did in one of my most favorite of his songs, which I leave you with now, "Poems, Prayers, and Promises." Enjoy that as you flip through the album below...





"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." --Joshua 1:9

3 comments:

Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!!! I wish I was there...would be fun to laugh and cry and laugh some more! You truly are a blessing to me and I am beyond thankful to know you! Have a blessed day my friend! mwa!

Anonymous said...

Okay. All theological discussions and seminary treatises aside...now you're meddlin' with my emotions, too? LOVE me some John Denver!! Thanks for bringing the abstract back into reality. It's where we live, huh!

(Word Verification is "fultag" -- is that like a German way of saying it's going to be a full day??)

Jenster said...

Thank you so much for sharing your memories!!

Happy birthday and I miss you already!!