Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

MercyMe Has Done It Again

Now that I have recovered from the shock of what I have just seen, I can't wait to share it with you, the bloggy public. I will spare you with the long story of how I found it, but if you: a) love flashing back to old songs, b) love MercyMe, c) like acoustic/bluegrass music, d) any combination of the above, or e) ALL of the above, then you're gonna get such a kick outta this. I found myself dancing, harmonizing, musing at how they pulled this off, and eventually laughing until I cried. Enjoy!!!

For all of us who secretly practiced dancing like a mummy in front of our bathroom mirrors and wanted the red leather jacket to boot:



For all you "oldsters" out there who actually admit to doing the hustle in public:



For the hard-core Rick Astley fans, a tribute complete with hard-core triangle playing:



This was the best song in the group to me, and it had an ending reminiscent of the dear ole Chokemaster himself:



Not near as good, but should satisfy Vanilla Ice groupies:



And lastly, this one is dedicated to HisGirl and S4J (do you think they could've transposed down a step or two?!?):

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

So funny! So why I love them.

We sang God With Us for the first time this weekend. Incredible.

JO said...

The Journey one made me LMAO. I may have to show it to the Chokemaster... :)

AKQ said...

I must admit that it was difficult not to pee my pants! I LOVE the last one! You should have heard James singing about girls having fun!

Suzanne said...

When I first started reading this post, I thought there was no way I would be watching all those videos..I just don't have a very long attention span.

Those were great and horrible at the same time and yes, I watched every.single.one of them. LOL!

I can't decide if my favorite was "Ice Ice Baby" or "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"...hilarious!

Andrea Frazer said...

I can't watch. It's 12:15... I have one more column about sex due which of course means I'm avoiding sex. But I will say that you are so pretty! I saw your picture at Gretchen's blog. You are much younger looking than your profile admits on your blog. Hey, do you want random men trolling your site to pick you up? Then all it takes is a new photo swap. It's that easy!!!!

LOL. Bye for now. Back later.

lrh said...

Too funny. I love those guys. Who says christians are boring?
Your trip to Washington sounds like a lot of fun. Don't you sometimes want to live in vacation-land?

His Girl said...

okay, so i finally remembered to come back and watch the vids- i have seen them before, but still cracked up. that's IT! chicas 2008 needs to make a cover series. why? cause it's just plain stinking funny.