Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

GGG Unplugged: "Word of God Speak"

I have had a great deal of stress and heartbreak in my life for the last six to nine months, and I've done relatively little blogging about it. This is not because I feel as though it's too painful to share. On the contrary, I think blogging about it would've been therapeutic and might've even reached out to others weathering this storm. I've decided not to blog about this because of the sensitive nature of everything going on, and I think that to have spoken freely and publicly about what was truly on my heart would have been very damaging in many ways.

Some of you know that my church has really been put through the wringer for a long time now. This Sunday will be my pastor's last Sunday with us. It has been a long, painful road with her, and it has crushed my heart to have witnessed everything unfold. I can attest that there is some serious spiritual warfare going on, like none I've ever seen before, and even though there have been some sunbeams pop through the clouds along the way, there are still dark, churning stormclouds over head that simply refuse to burn off and go away.

The praise band has been practicing this song, and I hope we get to do it this Sunday. If not, at least I will have had a chance to lift it to the Lord as my true prayer here. I heard Matt Maher, writer of the song, "Your Grace Is Enough," talking about composing that song during a heavy time in his life. This upbeat song he described as a lament, and he was quick to remind people that God blesses us when we praise through hard times and suffering. I agree with Matt -- I, too, have had to do a lot of that in my life and know he's exactly right. So, that is my intent with my musical offering today; may it rise as incense before the Lord and be pleasing in his sight. Amen.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

A blessing, indeed. And, I'm impressed--that's a hard song to sing. It moves around almost as much as the Star-mangled Banner. ;)

Loveyou. Sorry things have been tough.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

(OK, I posted a comment w/ two typos in it -- unacceptable! Pft...)

Who are you tellin'?!? I cringe every time I hear myself have to sing those high notes, and I sound mannish singing the low ones! It's a deceiving little ditty -- it only appears simple!

JO said...

And you didn't believe the Chokemaster when he said it was hard to sing. ;)

I'm looking forward to better days ahead. Did you read the Dakota quote I posted. I feel like reading it tomorrow, but I know I won't....

AKQ said...

So. Is this a once a month blog now? You readers are waiting!!!