Pages

Friday, August 29, 2008

Accountability Post #3: "Runnin' With It"

**TMI WARNING TODAY!! DON'T READ THIS FIRST PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON'T LIKE DETAILS!!

I am enjoying being on the bike, but I didn't think today was going to pan out. I have had some weird stomach ache-y thing going on all week and I can't quite nail down the culprit. I've recently started a different hormone pill, as well as a multi-vitamin, and I've noticed I've started early on the post-nasal drip that is a sure sign that fall (or what passes for fall in Texas) is coming. So between these three offenders, one of them has had me doubled over all week. You know those commercials for bladder control drugs where they can't be out in public for long, or if they do, they have to be near a bathroom or know where one is? That's me this week, except it's not my bladder that needs controlling. So as the kids are getting helmets on and practically already down the road, I'm in the bathroom, bargaining with God to make the stomach ache go away.

Please, God, have mercy. I would do anything at this point, ANYTHING, to convince you to heal my poor bowels and make the stomach ache go away. I'll even quit making fun of Democrats (at least until the end of the convention). OK? So if you could just go on ahead and, ahhhh, take away the stomach ache, that'd be greaaaaaat.

At any rate, we got Lil' G to school (that's a WHOLE other blog today, BTW) and here's what we got:

Report #3: 29 AUG 08. Went approx. 5.25 miles this morning, including the trip to school. 4.25 miles count towards training. Completed in approx. 23.5 minutes for an average of 5.53 min/mi. (Note: I think I may have miscalculated the first two days, but that should only affect the averages by half of a minute or less.) I did 2.5 miles on a walking/biking track today and did less in the way of hills. With the stomach and all, I thought it prudent to be near tree cover in case I had to use nature's bathroom. :) (S4J, that was just for you, haha...)

On a happy note, we have met neighbors that are biking to school as well. The mom pulls her little guy, who is Bud's age, on a trail-a-bike, too! Turns out we've been stalking each other. When we saw them pass by the house the other day, we all pushed our faces up against the windows to gawk like we were hunting down the ice cream man or something, completely incredulous that there was another family out there like us! I think they're a military family, which warms my heart. I can't wait to get to know them better.

I'm off to do some Pepto Bismol shooters and get my day off and running, no pun intended. I've two other posts in the works, so be sure and check back soon. And please keep those crazy cajuns in your prayers, and really anyone who lives on the Gulf Coast these days. Even as irriated as I permanently am with all things Louisiana or New Orleans, hurricanes are serious stuff. Let's pray there are no repeats of 2005, in more ways than you all could imagine...

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

What I love about you is that you're so shy and mysterious and all. I have to do a lot of reading between the lines to see where you're coming from.

Sincerely hope your bowels stop being in an uproar. That just is no fun. I wouldn't wish it on any one. Not even a superconservative republican. :)

Awesome job on your training, GGG. And...I'm so excited for your company taking the kids to school in the morning. How cool is that. Feel better soon. xxxooogretchen

Christine Short said...

Holy cow!! I had just finished a post where I actually put the Detrol commercial on there and I pop on over to you to see that you've mentioned the same one!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Hope you're feeling better. What you are going through just stinks:) sorry, couldn't help it.

Good for you for staying on track with your biking!

Becky said...

Aw, bummer on the feeling icky thing. I'll pray today that it goes away very soon. (I SO do that bargaining with God thing when I'm sick, too, lol.)

Good job keeping up with your bike riding.