Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall, Could That Really Be You?





While that might not be the most flattering picture, it was the best of many attempts at documenting my woolen protest of summer. Thankfully, when I walked out the door this morning, it was somewhat cool ( think only 77 degrees) and foggy. A "cold front" is due to arrive over the next few days, and we'll be topping out at a chilly 80 degrees by Saturday, so y'all say a prayer for us.

I am so optimisitc that weight have fall this year that I got out my seasonal home décor last night and started the changing of seasons on my own timing. R. asked how one goes about decorating for fall: "What do you do, stick some corn around the house?!?". I was not deterred by his lack of enthusiasm for my favorite season. I put those bright citrus fruits to bed in the closet and pulled out my pumpkins with pride. I, my dear, am ready for fall.

To top it off with warm struedel, I found this awesome new product from my BFFs at Febreeze. They are basically paper air fresheners that stand on a square base that has a flickering light. They come in several great scents, albeit none near as cool as the caramel apple fragrance (complete with spooky spider and web design on the scented paper) and orchard apple (with a happy little jack-o-lantern motif). With the flickering light effect, it's way cool. I let the kids put them in their rooms. Now, the hacienda not only looks fall-ish, it smells like it, too.

My last touch of seasonality will take a little more effort, however. I want to fill up my clear column votive holders with candy corn and monster fingers, topped with either a green or purple candle. Not even the venerable Hobby Lobby had what I needed! Blasphemy!!

Yes, dear readers, fall is indeed on the way to this hot, parched land. Even as I write this in the carpool line, it's actually rainy and 73 degrees -- what a rare treat! Think I'll pop some popcorn this afternoon and cozy up ok the couch for once.

-- Mobilelly Yours, GGG

3 comments:

JO said...

I <3 fall. My favorite season of the year. Even beats springtime (probably because I'd much rather Fall Back than Spring Forward....)

His Girl said...

Fall, fall, fall! yes please! I'll have a double helping if you don't mind!

I keep getting tempted to wear a sweater to spite the summer, but I'm pretty sure that'll be what signs my death warrant. It's still nasty hot here.

though i'd be cute ;)

Becky said...

Crazy jealous here in our 100+ degree desert heat. Ugh. Can't WAIT to wear sweaters again!