Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

GGG Unplugged: "Welcome To Our World"



Brought to you live via GGG Kitchen Cam, it's my first attempt at recording music to broadcast via the internet. You guys had better enjoy this while it's still free! I mean, seriously, when I'm packing out stadiums and stuff, you all will be able to remember back to when I was putting music out there for free... Oh, wait... it's not my song... Crap! Can't charge for it! haha... Oh well. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Yes, I know part of my head is cut off and the audio lacks much to be desired, but if any of you would like to contribute to the "Launch GGG's In-Home Musical Studio" fund, you just let me know and I'll tell you to whom to make out your check! Until I at least get a tripod, this is the best I got.

I'd like to do these a lot more often; I don't know why it never occurred to me before to do a musical post. So many writers, such as the featured Chris Rice, pinpoint exactly the thoughts going through my head and the prayers whispered in my heart. So hopefully, when I don't have the time to knock out some "amazing" verbage, I will remember to do one of these.

Why this song? Well, for many reasons. Advent is a time of preparation. We prepare our homes to offer hospitality to friends and family. We prepare gifts as gestures of our love toward others. Spiritually, we prepare our hearts by considering the Christmas story and its significance. We intentionally mull over the connection between the manger and the cross. We prepare the world for Christ's return by feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, and giving more generously than we have given over the past year, expecting nothing in return.

This song reminds us why we need Messiah to fill that manger. Our souls hunger, our world reels and aches with toil and strife. We wade through life, wondering when we may welcome Jesus back into our world once again. Really, we welcome Him back into our world every day as we wake up to face the day and all that will transpire. He is truly with us, watching over in times of peril and rejoicing in times of mirth. May our lives be lived as songs of praise, welcoming Jesus to our world anew every day.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this song.
And what a great version -- thanks, GGG!! I can add you to my playlist, LOL!

If you ever need harmony/back-up, you know how to find me...8-)

Jenster said...

Mr. Jenster WAS watching closely and he said he's impressed with your chord changes and how you can sing and play so well all at the same time!! :o)

Loved the video, GGG. Made me wish you were here in my family room singing it!! Chris Rice is one of my favorites and so is that song. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to more of these videos!!

Sing4joy said...

A BOUT TIME!!!!!!
Do more! Do more!

His Girl said...

hey! we sang this song in the christmas musical! was so pretty then, and even prettier now!

now i need you to email me this so i can listen to it over and over!

MORE MORE MORE

ENCORE!!!

Unknown said...

Holy moly! I sound like such a hick!! I need to take speech lessons from the operator or something to sound less "corn-fed" and more normal! EEEKK!

Brandy said...

I have had that song on my heart all day. I have been seeing your post there in reader, and not gotten time to get to it until tonight. That was sweet. Now I want to play it!! Wanna send me the chords?

Halfmoon Girl said...

Love Chris Rice and love that song. You are awesome. I can't even talk properly on camera, let alone sing and play an instrument well! Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours!

Becky said...

Love Chris Rice.

Wishing you and yours have a wonderful, reflective celebration of our Savior's birth!

Suzanne said...

I'm just a little bit behind on reading blogs, so I just read and watched this tonight. I wish I'd seen it before Christmas, but it's still great. Chris Rice is one of my favorites too, and you did an amazing job of singing one of his songs. Beautiful post.

Suzanne

p.s. Have you ever heard the song "Spare an Angel" by Chris Rice? I stumbled on it this past summer and now it's one of my faves.